Hospice Care for Patients and Caregivers | South Carolina
The Patient and Family are at the center of every decision we make.
We offer hospice care services to both patients and caregivers involved in end-of-life care. We understand how difficult it is for both patients and caregivers, and we strive to offer tailored services that are best for your unique situation and honor your wishes. Our specially trained team of healthcare professionals and caregivers provide case-tailored care that addresses emotional, physical, social, and spiritual needs while honoring your wishes and those of your family.
The following hospice services are actually covered by Medicare for the terminally ill and those suffering from related conditions:
- Physician Services
- Nursing Case Management
- Dietary Counseling
- Grief Counseling
- Hospice Aide
- Spiritual Counseling
- Social Worker Services
- Therapy (Physical or Occupational)
- Medical Equipment
- Medical Supplies
- Drugs for Pain Relief or Symptom Control
- Respite Care
- Inpatient Care
At Agapé Hospice, we meet our patients’ needs and those of their families. Our team works tirelessly to ensure our patients live their lives as comfortably as possible.
For the Patient
As patients near the end of their life, they may require intensive medical care as well as pain and symptom management. Most importantly, they need to be surrounded by individuals who care about them and their comfort. During hospice care, patients with a limited life expectancy are able to live more comfortably with a hospice doctor or nurse on-call 24 hours a day to offer support/care as needed. Patients can retain their own doctor or nurse practitioner as their attending medical professional to supervise their care.
Our patient services include:
- Outpatient care and crisis management. We strive to meet patient needs in their home, our crisis care and continuous care services may provide them with the treatments that they need in their own home.
- Inpatient hospice care. If a patient requires 24-hour care, we are able to provide them with the best in medical equipment and treatment expertise. Our inpatient hospice care focuses not only on supportive medical treatments but also in keeping our patients comfortable and engaged.
- Counseling and spiritual services. We are a multicultural, faith-based organization providing both spiritual and emotional support and counseling.
For the Caregivers | Emotional and Hospice Care Support
Being a caregiver is one of the most challenging things that a person may do in their life. Caregiving is emotionally exhausting and physically demanding, and it’s often prudent to seek help. Our caring professional team members are able to help ensure your family member’s comfort during this trying time in their life.
- Family training and counseling. Family members may need to be educated on the appropriate ways to both care for and communicate with their loved one.
- Grief counseling and support. Both before and after your loved one’s passing, you may benefit from emotional support and spiritual guidance. Our services focus on addressing all elements of loss, including the intangible ones.
- As your disease progresses, the amount of care that we can deliver may increase as well. At Agapé Hospice, we can offer outpatient and inpatient care depending on the needs of your loved one and yourself. With nearly two dozen locations throughout South Carolina, we are able to offer the best in medical services and support to our patients. Contact us today to find out more about the benefits of our services for both patients and caregivers.