We are currently seeking a Volunteer Coordinator in:
Expect More at Agape:
As an employee of Agapé Hospice, you will be part of an established and highly -regarded faith-based company committed to your personal and professional development that offers:
- Competitive compensation with monthly incentive program with the opportunity to earn more
- Health Savings Account w/ "dollar for dollar" match up to $1,050.00
- 401(k) w/ company match up to 4% of gross annual salary
- Career advancement through education and nationally recognized apprenticeship opportunities
- Sponsors Hospice and Palliative Care certification
- Flexible schedule
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
- Company sponsored life insurance coverage
- Opportunity for advancement
- Responsible for selecting, recruiting, interviewing, screening, assigning, and coordinating patient volunteers.
- Maintain open lines of communication with volunteers, patients, and family members.
- Evaluate and counsel volunteers on their performance as needed.
- Conduct initial assessment of patient and family needs appropriate for volunteer support.
- Keep accurate documentation of volunteer assignments including documentation of hours served on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Respond to arising needs for volunteer support of projects and activities of the organization when assistance is requested, and be available by phone
or in person for the volunteers to discuss
- their role with activities, patients, and families.
- Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team and attend other staff meetings as appropriate providing presentation for patient volunteers as needed.
- Participation and marketing in public relations and community activities that promote the organization and its role as an effective member of the hospice
and healthcare delivery system as well as customer service promotion.
- Must be available during normal work hours (unless previously approved by direct supervisor). Additional hours may be required to complete normal business functions and/or projects.
- High school diploma required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to manage a group of individuals providing volunteer time and who will be considered as employees.
- Ability to organize and develop volunteer hospice personnel for both patient and family needs.
- Previous experience in hospice and/or related healthcare setting is preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.